Thursday, April 2, 2015

World Autism Awareness Day With May Arts!

Hello!!

Today, I have a simple project with a big meaning...


This picture frame features puzzle pieces and a wash of blue---both of which are used to help raise awareness for Autism.

When asked if I wanted to create a project for World Autism Awareness Day, I took it as an opportunity to learn a bit about something I knew very little about---and support our very own Ribbon Lady!!


To create the lovely texture for this picture frame, I've glued several lengths of the 4 inch Burlap/Wired Ribbon in Light Natural down with Mod Podge.  I then covered it with a layer of white paint before adding a wash of Lindy's Stamp Gang spray.

I absolutely LOVE the finished frame!


May Arts supplies used:


Other supplies used:

wooden picture frame
white paint
Mod Podge
puzzle pieces
Lindy's Stamp Gang Flat Fabio spray in Caribbean Blue

Thanks so much for joining me today.  If you'd like to see more of what was created, hop on over to May Arts!!

xx,

6 comments:

  1. Very pretty. Love the raised pieces of puzzle.
    thanks for sharing and for helping a good cause.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it. The varying shades of blue are a nice touch as well. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Getting the burlap cut and not frayed for those puzzle pieces had to be pretty fussy... turned out FAB! Perf for both the symbols of autism awareness!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a BEAUTIFUL frame Mary - LOVE the texture and puzzle pieces - so perfect for Autism Awareness!!!
    THANK YOU for sharing your CREATIVE INSPIRATION!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your picture frame is delightful. Thanks for sharing your talent with us on this inspiring blog hop.

    ReplyDelete