Sunday, April 12, 2015

Birds Of A Feather.

Hello!!

Today, I have a fun and simple set of canvases rockin' a serious pop of color :-)


I began by gluing down one of the pieces from the Birds On A Wire 2 set and the largest feather in the Feathers Shape Set with a small amount of tacky glue.  A quick coat of white acrylic paint and a little Mod Podge to seal it in and it's ready for color!


I've outlined the pieces with a water-soluble graphite pencil to make them stand out more.


I finished my canvases off with a few white circles drawn on with a white PITT pen...


...and a sprinkling of glass microbeads for a little sparkle!


If you'd like to see how this project came together, check out my video (COMING SOON!).

Gina's Designs supplies used:

Other supplies used:
8 by 10 inch canvases
white acrylic paint
Mod Podge
Lindy's Stamp Gang spray inks
General's water-soluble graphite pencil
Faber-Castell white PITT artist pen
Aleene's Tacky Glue
microbeads
May Arts 1 1/4" and 1/4" black silk ribbon

And that is that!!  Thanks so much for joining me today :-)



xx,

1 comment:

  1. These cards are stunning, Mary; the colours and designs are a joy.

    ReplyDelete