Thursday, March 1, 2012

{my friend}

Hiya, PEEPS!!! <--- That's my Easter-Is-On-The-Way Joke. LOLZ! Told ya. Can. Not. Help it.

Anywho, I'm back today with a new card creation for a brand new Saturated Canary Challenge---and it's a FABULOUS one, too! Wait for it...

DOILIES!!! Man, am I a fan of a doily :-) LOVE 'EM! They're a wonderfully simple way to add a bit of "pretty" to just about anything.

Here's what I came up with...



I've added a bit of texture to this sunny day scene with bits and pieces of a paper doily here and there.



And this sweet little image??? Her name is Duck, Duck, Goose and you can find her in Krista's Digi shop.

Here's a close-up of the little sweetie and her feathery friend. I've colored her up with my Copics (details below).





Now, hop on over and see what the rest of the DT gals came up with and then go get your DOILY ON! Can't wait to see what everyone comes up with!!!

xox,

3 comments:

  1. Wow Mary the colouring of her hair is sublime! I love your unique use of the doilies too! Hugs rebekah xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi sweetie this is totally awesome I soooo love the idea of using the doily as the sun, its fab!! Love your image she is coloured to perfection hun.

    Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooooooh mary!!!!! that little sunshine is just absolutely awesome!! it was the first thing I noticed and its too cute!! I will have to try that as I am new to the doily useage idea now!! :) I love challenges that get you to use something new!!
    totally gorgeous card hun, duck duck goose is coloured up sooo pretty, love it
    huge hugs Lou xxx

    ReplyDelete