Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Valentine Heart

Hello!!! Can you believe it's February??? Oh, my!!!

In honor of a wonderful *Gala* I'll be attending in a few, short days, I have a project to share with you :)

I recently joined a little contest, hostessed by fellow MAMA artisan-extraordinaire Terri. She provided us with a pattern and no short amount of inspiration, and then set us on our way!

When I found this beautiful fabric, I knew I had to have it!!! It was a bit bright, so I threw it in a tea bath - which gave it just the right vintage tone :)



My heart is held closed by wrapping some crinkly (tea-dyed, as well!), seam binding around several times and securing with a bow. It reminds me of a delicate slipper.

I kept the heart's outside very simple and only added a few fabric flowers with vintage rhinestone centers.



It hangs from a pearl, pink and silver rosary chain.



For the inside, I knew I wanted to incorporate ruffles. I've left the edges of the ruffles raw to add softness and a rustic feel.



Vintage rhinestones and some hand beading add some sparkle. And, of course, it wouldn't be Marie without a crown!!!



Thanks so much for stopping by today!

xoxo,

4 comments:

  1. Hi Mary, Your heart is just beautiful. I love the color and all those beautiful ruffles, oh my, just beautiful. Thanks so much for joining the contest. I hope you enjoyed making your heart, it is such a beautiful keepsake. Hugs, Terri

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is sooo pretty!! Your projects are always so beautiful!!!
    Hugs
    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your heart is so incredibly gorgeous! The soft ruffles on the inside are brilliant. It's just perfection, Mary. I'm so happy you entered the contest.

    xox Rella

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mary, enjoyed your blog! and your heart is just so gorgeous I love the natural fabrics it gives it such a lovely vintage look! ...so pretty!so glad you enjoyed the Gala, it really was fun! :)
    Hug,s Melanie

    ReplyDelete